Here are things to know to update the Phase firmware. The detailed update directions and the video tutorial are available in this detailed article.
What is the Phase firmware?
The firmware is the program stored in the hardware unit, which determines its behavior and features.
It should not be confused with Phase Manager, which is the update and configuration app running on your computer. In other words, Phase Manager allows access to the firmware updates and the hardware settings, but simply launching a previous version of Phase Manager will not change the firmware itself.
Updating the Phase firmware
1. Make sure Phase Manager is up to date. You can check if you have the latest version on the Phase Manager changelog, and update it if need be. To do so, you can either click on the update button in the blue header, or directly download it if you don't see the update button.
2. Plug your Phase and check for new updates. If a new update is available, it will be indicated on the homepage. Head to the update center by clicking on the red button in Phase Manager.
3. Follow the process to update your Phase, and don't forget to link the Remotes to the Receiver again at the end of the update.
4. Link the Remotes to the Receiver: leave the Remotes in the docks and long-press the setup buttons until the LEDs blink.
5. When taking the Remotes out of the Receiver for the first time after the update, keep in mind that the firmware will only be installed in the Remotes at this stage of the process, so it may take a little longer than usual for the LEDs to turn solid.
Good to know
Please note that it is not advised to try downgrading the firmware through an outdated version of Phase Manager. By doing so, you may not be able to use your Phase anymore, or permanently damage the unit.