Phase DVS signal test
Test the DVS signal: switch to Line on your mixer to hear the control tone
At the beginning of this test, and your Phase should be powered and ready to be used with your DJ equipment and DJ software.
If you use an external DVS interface, connect the Phase outputs directly to the Line inputs of your mixer.
If you have a DVS mixer or a DJ controller, leave the cables as they are: the Phase outputs are connected to the Line inputs of your mixer or controller.
- Place the linked Remotes on your turntables. Keep your volume faders down to avoid any disagreement while testing the signal.
- Allow the Remotes to calibrate, and when the LEDs are solid, spin them on your turntable.
- Set your mixer's source selector on Line and progressively raise the volume with the faders.
You should now be hearing a continuous sine wave: this is the raw DVS signal sent by Phase. If you can hear it and it responds to the gestures you make on the vinyl, it means the Phase unit properly sends the signal. If you can't hear the control tone, link the Remotes again, and double check the above points.
You can now set up your equipment back to the usual configuration, and you’ll be ready to use Phase.
- If you have a DVS mixer or a controller, switch the source selector to USB.
- If you have an external DVS interface, connect the Phase outputs to the inputs of the DVS interface, and its outputs to the Line inputs of your mixer.
Click on the button below to go to the DJ software configuration step.