My Phase is not detected in Phase Manager.
Symptom and description
It may happen that your Phase unit is not detected in Phase Manager when you connect the Receiver to your computer. This will prevent you from adjusting the settings of your Phase, and from updating it.
This issue may be due to a USB communication error between your Phase and your computer. If your unit is not detected in Phase Manager, make sure to try the following process, in this order:
- Quit and run Phase Manager again;
- Unplug your Phase unit and plug it back;
- Try using another USB cable to make sure it’s not faulty;
- Try connecting your Phase to a different USB port on your computer.
- If the Phase is still not detected, try to connect it through a powered USB hub.
When using a Windows computer, you can also reinstall the USB driver by following these steps:
- Open the Windows Device manager, then go to "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
- Right click on Phase, then on “Update the driver”.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Select “WinUSB” and proceed with the driver update.
- Reboot your computer and launch the update again. Please quit any programs and tasks that may use Phase before updating, and unplug all devices from your computer.
If despite the troubleshooting directions you have no means to have Phase Manager detect your unit, get in touch with us by filling the form below. The support team will do its best to assist you.