How should I connect Phase to my external DVS interface?
Symptom and description
Phase seamlessly integrates with any DVS DJ setup. If you’re wondering how to set up your Phase with your external DVS interface, follow these directions.
- Plug the Phase Receiver to a power source (computer or power outlet with a 5V/500mA USB adaptor) using the MWM USB cable.
- Connect your external DVS interface to your laptop with a USB cable.
- Connect the audio outputs of the Receiver to the inputs of your DVS interface, and its outputs to the Line inputs of your mixer using the MWM RCA cables.
▶︎ Please note that this step doesn't apply when using Phase in HID mode with Serato DJ Pro.
- Set your mixer's source selector on Line.
- Make sure you have selected your DJ software in Phase Manager’s Setup menu.
- Place the Remotes on your turntables. Allow the Remotes to calibrate, then spin the turntables. You should now hear your tracks playing.
Additional setup tip
Make sure the Receiver is positioned as close as possible to the Remotes, and that no object placed in between could disrupt the radio transmission.
Setup overview with an external DVS interface in DVS mode
Setup overview with an external DVS interface in HID mode
If you have double checked the above setup instructions, make sure your DJ software is also configured as it should. If you still have troubles after this, use the contact form below to get in touch with us. Please attach a video of your DJ setup and your DJ software settings so that the support team can efficiently assist you.