I have accuracy and playback issues (drift, jumps, skips), what can I do?
Symptom and description
It may happen to notice a difference between feeling and audio. For instance, you can feel the cue points drift when you are scratching with Phase, or experience skips or jumps in the track when mixing with Phase. This is probably due to an information loss between the Remotes and the Receiver, thus slightly moving the playhead or the cue point forward or backward.
As this problem is partly due to the fact that the radio connection is disrupted by the environment, there are several things you can do to drastically reduce this problem, detailed hereafter.
- If you're using using Serato DJ Pro, we recommend to use Phase in HID mode, as described in this setup article.
- Link the Remotes to the Receiver, even if they are already linked. Place them into the Receiver and long press the A and B setup buttons. This operation assigns new radio channels for the Remotes and the Receiver to communicate. Don't hesitate to give it several tries until you find radio channels that improve the feeling.
- Make sure your Receiver is as close as possible to the Remotes, and that no heavy object could hinder the radio communication.
- Use Phase Manager to run a manual calibration of the Remotes to get the best possible accuracy.
- Activate the "Boost radio signal" function (Phase Manager, advanced settings) to get better performances (the battery will drain faster).
If despite these troubleshooting directions you’re still under the impression the cue points drifts or the playhead jumps, get in touch with us through the form below. the support team will do its best to find a solution to your problem. Please share a video showing the issue so that we can process your inquiry faster.