How can I test the signal quality of my Phase unit?
Symptom and description
If you think your unit is faulty, you can test its DVS signal. If the test is successful but you’re still having issues, you should double check the setup aspects, according to your equipment and your DJ software.
At the beginning of this test, your Phase should be powered and ready to be used with your DJ equipment and DJ software.
- If you use an external DVS interface, connect the Phase outputs directly to the Line inputs of your mixer. If you have a DVS mixer or a DJ controller, leave the cables as they are: the Phase outputs are connected to the Line inputs of your mixer or controller.
- Place the linked Remotes on your turntables. Keep your volume faders down to avoid any disagreement while testing the signal.
- Allow the Remotes to calibrate, and when the LEDs are solid, spin them on your turntable.
- Set your mixer's source selector on Line and progressively raise the volume with the faders.
You should now be hearing a continuous sine wave: this is the raw DVS signal sent by Phase. If you can hear it and it responds to the gestures you make on the vinyl, it means the Phase unit properly sends the signal.
You can now set up your equipment back to the usual configuration, and you’ll be ready to use Phase.
- If you have a DVS mixer or a controller, switch the source selector to USB.
- If you have an external DVS interface, connect the Phase outputs to the inputs of the DVS interface, and its outputs to the Line inputs of your mixer.
If despite the above directions you need further assistance, use the contact form below to get in touch with us. Please attach a video of your DJ setup and your DJ software settings so that the support team can efficiently assist you.
You can also continue to continue the DJ software configuration section.