My Remote doesn't turn on when placed into the Receiver's dock.
Symptom and description
When the Receiver is powered, it may happen that the Remote remains dark when placed into it. This means that the Remote will not respond anymore: its LED will not turn on and it will not send a signal.
The Remote stability has been greatly improved by the successive firmware changes, but if the Remote is not detected, you won’t be able to tell from the app which firmware version is installed. If you’re using Phase Manager, you’re probably using the latest firmware.
If you are facing this situation, follow these directions to confirm the issue.
- Take the Remotes out, wait a couple seconds, and place them in the docks again. When putting the Remotes back into the Receiver, gently drop them into their slots, and let the magnets do the work.
- Try resetting the troublesome Remote from Phase Manager in the “Advanced settings” section if it is detected by the software.
If you’re not using the latest firmware version (currently V7), you should update your Phase to prevent this from happening again.
Before being able to do so, reset the Remote by totally draining its battery. Please note that this troubleshooting method only applies to firmware versions older than version 5.
- Place the Remotes into the powered Receiver, then unplug it from its power source. Leave the Remotes in the docks while unplugging the Receiver.
- Allow the Remotes to completely discharge over 24 hours minimum, even if the LED doesn’t turn on.
- Power the Receiver again. The Remotes should now light up and charge, and you can proceed with the firmware update.
If you’ve tried the above directions but the Remotes remain dark, please get in touch with us by filling the contact form below. In order to efficiently process your inquiry, please attach a video file showing that the Remotes don’t light up when you place them into the powered Receiver.